The first concert in the 2015 – 16 Tuesday series.
Khymerikal is a contemporary classical ensemble from Manchester, whose members are all current and former graduates of the Royal Northern College of Music.
Join Khymerikal for an evening of mystery, with music featuring two works by Leo Geyer and the haunting melodies from Messaien’s Quartet for the End of Time. Also in the programme is Previn’s trance-like Four Songs; the vivcaious Poulenc clarinet sonata and romantic first movemnt of Bax clarinet sonata; Sir Michael Tippet’s heart-felt setting of Shakespeare’s text from The Tempest; and Thomas Adès’ explosion of John Dowland’s lute song In Darknesse Let Me Dwell.
- Leo Geyer Secrets in the Oak
- André Previn Four Songs
- Olivier Messiaen Quartet for the End of Time (iii)
- Francis Poulenc Sonata for Clarinet
- Thomas Adès Darkness Visible
- Arnold Bax Clarinet Sonata (i)
- Messiaen Quartet for the End of Time (v)
- Leo Geyer Ode to Shakespeare’s Skull
- Michael Tippett Songs for Ariel
Tickets available online or on the door at the following prices:
Season tickets for the 2015 – 16 season will be available before this concert.
Image: Secrets in the Oak by Rachel Pank.